Gluten Free Carrot Beet Apple Juice Recipe

by Carol Kicinski on January 16, 2011

Post image for Gluten Free Carrot Beet Apple Juice Recipe I once belonged to a gym that was right next door to an ice cream parlor. After a month of working out five nights a week for over an hour each night I had gained almost 10 pounds. Of course the conclusion I came to was that working out made me fat. Some how I had neglected to put it together that every time I finished a work out I had treated myself with a small hot fudge sundae and that maybe, just maybe the sundae and not the working out was responsible for the weight gain.

I have since found a better way to treat myself after a workout – Juice. Juice made with whole, organic carrots, beets and apples. It nourishes my body after the hard work and treats my senses with that bit of sweet I want after sweating and pumping iron. It also helps to detox the body. Beets help the clean out the liver which is our natural filter system for the body. And I venture to say that drinking freshly juiced vegetables and fruit is a tad healthier than throwing down a hot fudge sundae (complete with whipped cream, peanuts and a cherry!).

In honor of Nicola of G-Free Mom’s month of detox I am submitting this, my new after work out reward. You need a juicer but the rewards of a small investment are so worth it. Seriously, how good is it to be able to drink down a days worth of detoxing veggies in a single glass of delicious juice?

Head over to Nicola’s blog and see who else has contributed to this month of detox!

Gluten Free Carrot Beet Apple Juice Recipe

Gluten Free Carrot Beet Apple Juice Recipe

Ingredients

3 small organic carrots – washed but not peeled
1 small beet with greens – washed
1 small apple – washed but not peeled
A few sprigs of parsley
1 wedge of fresh lemon

Directions

Cut the vegetables and apple into chunks and feed through a juicer along with the parsley and lemon.
Drink immediately.

Servings

Makes 1 gluten free serving

“I love your gluten free recipes - I can now have my desserts.” – F.R.

Categories:    Cocktails & Drinks

Nicola January 21, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Love this post! So funny about the ice cream. Love the addition of beets in the smoothies. Beautiful photographs! Thank you!

Wendy January 21, 2011 at 1:40 pm

You always make me laugh, Carol. Gorgeous photos-looks good enough to drink. Still haven’t tried beets even though I love them roasted.

gfe--gluten free easily January 21, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Darn that ice cream! But look at that juice–wow, Carol! This looks so incredible. I bet one would feel 100 times better after drinking this than eating that ice cream, too. ;-)

The InTolerant Chef January 21, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I’m sure there was a perfectly reasonable answer to the weight gain that had nothing to do with icecream at all. Icecream is our friend. However… the smoothie looks yummy too, I love beetroot.

Elizabeth @ Saffron Lane January 21, 2011 at 1:45 pm

As a kid, my parents OWNED an ice cream shop in San Diego, so I feel your pain.

Love that you featured a juice using beets. It’s definitely one of my favorite to use — especially w/carrot.

I actually love to make carrot-beet risotto with freshly-pressed veg juice. A little health, a little indulgence.

Ellen January 21, 2011 at 1:46 pm

I worked at Brigham’s Ice Cream Parlor for one semester in college and gained 10 lbs!!! Back then I didn’t even know about juicing:). Now, I juice pretty regularly – one of my faves is beet and apple and carrot and ginger. Love the color of your juice!

sea January 21, 2011 at 1:48 pm

I have a juicer I have never used. There, I said it. Lol. This sounds so delicious, maybe I will finally pull out the juicer, clean it and make this! I love the beet-carrot-apple combination. :)

Sea January 22, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I did it, I finally did it! I used my juicer and I made this very recipe. It is delicious. Love the lemon. :)

-Sea

Tamm E Hunt February 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm

I am so glad Carol shared this recipe.
It is an awesome! and refreshing! combination of fruit and vegetables.
Juicing is a large part of my dietary and nutritional life and provides me the energy and
well being that is so neccessary for my life and profession. As a performing/traveling
Jazz Singer, I often find myself in a different city and some times country every other day
and unable to be as conscientious about my nutrition other than supplements and nutrients.
Some times I carry a small juicer on the road, but my point is…

I first learned about the very nourishing carrott/beet & apple combination from N.W. Walker Raw Vegetable and Fruit Juices. Mrs. Nellie Monk, the wife of Jazz Music Legend Thelonious Monk introduced me to a world of juicing, sprouting and eating raw coupled with herbs and colonics. The first mandatory read was Walker’s book on juicing. (the book has been around for many years and has been revised to fit government regulations.) It can be found in the better health food stores. The great thing about the book is it gives you precise measurements and an undertsanding of what it is doing to the body and organs. The formulas are presciptive in their purpose and each formula can be used for specific disorders.

Juicing is a powerful life style!
Here’s to your Optimal Mental, Physical & Spiritual Health!
Tamm E

Tamm E Hunt February 6, 2011 at 4:20 pm

The book is titled FRESH VEGETABLES AND FRUIT JUICES by N.W. Walker (Norman Walker)

Woot Woot March 13, 2011 at 7:57 am

Thnx so much for this! I haven’t been this thrilled by a blog post for a long time! You’ve got it, whatever that means in blogging. Anyway, You are certainly someone that has something to say that people need to hear. Keep up the outstanding work. Keep on inspiring the people!

simijlinson January 3, 2012 at 5:05 pm

finally i ysed my juicer ,i maid apple beetroot carrot juice.i love that combinations

cece January 19, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I made this recipe and it was good but I think it would have been better if I didn’t put the lemon wedge in with the rind. Maybe peel the lemon wedge first as not doing so gives it an extra tart and bitter taste.

Carol Kicinski January 20, 2013 at 10:16 am

I like that slightly bitterness but if you prefer, leave the lemon out or a great suggestion you made is to peel the lemon first!

effect of obesity April 11, 2013 at 11:53 am

I’m really loving the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog visitors have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any recommendations to help fix this problem?

Carol Kicinski April 11, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Thank you. Not that I know of. I am not that tech savvy, I just use a wordpress theme. Good luck!