I am just bubbling over with excitement over here!
I am so happy to announce the kick off of Simply…Gluten-free’s first Gluten Free Photo Contest sponsored by Scanpan! This is going to be a regular feature.
Why a photo contest? Simple. Pictures are worth a thousand words and what better way to show off the abundance of a gluten-free diet than with beautiful photos? This is also a great way for all you wonderful food bloggers and photographers to connect up with each other.
What’s different about this contest? Besides the obvious fact that all the photos will be of gluten-free foods, my dear friend and photographer extraordinaire, Derek Geer, has agreed to be the judge of this contest but more than that, he has agreed to critique the top three photos. This is a fabulous learning experience for those of us wanting to improve the quality of the snaps we shoot. He will also be including a helpful tip for better photos with each round up.
How is it going to work? You are going to send me your photos, they will be looked over by Derek and he will pick his 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. I will post a round up of ALL the photo submissions (with links to your site) as well as the winners. This is also a great way to introduce yourself to others who may not know you are out there.
And now for the icing on the gluten-free cake! The wonderful folks at Scanpan are sponsoring the kick off of this photo contest. They will send a lucky winner (from a random drawing) a 10¼ inch sauté pan with lid from their new CTX line valued at $239.99 and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ENTER THE PHOTO CONTEST TO ENTER THE DRAWING FOR THE PAN!!!
Scanpan makes the highest quality, state of the art, ceramic, titanium, non-stick cookware unlike other non-stick pans in that they can be used for searing, braising and deglazing, they can not be damaged with metal utensils, they can be used at high temperatures (up to 500 degrees!) and are without those funky chemicals that are bad for our bodies and the environment. The are also very eco-friendly in that they use 100% recycled aluminum and as if all that were not enough – THE PANS COME WITH A LIFETIME WARRANTY! (And these are some pretty sexy looking pans if you ask me.)
Just click below (at the end of this post) to enter the Scanpan giveaway before midnight EST September 30, 2010.
So now about the contest.
The theme for the September Kick Off is – NO THEME!
Just send in pictures of GLUTEN FREE FOOD. It can be a completed recipe, ingredients or just a picture of an apple, as long as it is GLUTEN FREE.
Rules for the Gluten Free Photo Contest:
- The food or recipe in the picture must be gluten-free. You do not have to be a gluten free food blogger to enter, in fact you don’t even have to have a blog! But the food in the picture does have to be gluten-free.
- Post your photo on your blog and link back to this post (if you have a blog) before midnight EST September 15, 2010. The round up of all photos and the winners will be posted here on October 3, 2010. If you don’t have a blog just send me the photo with the rest of the data.
- Photos will appear on my blog with a width of 400 dpi (height does not matter) and be formatted for the web so keep that in mind.
- Send me an email to email@example.com with the photo attached and a link to your post before the deadline of September 15, 2010. Please include your NAME and THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG.
- Entering the photo contest does NOT automatically enter you in the give away. You need to click below to enter the Scanpan giveaway. Only one entry per person please!
- If your name is Carol Kicinski, you are the author of the gluten-free blog Simply…Gluten-free and you live in Florida, you are not eligible to enter the giveaway or photo contest!
Ok, so that’s it. Have fun and hit me with your best shot! I can’t wait to see your pictures of all that beautiful gluten-free food out there.
(As a note, if you are not sure what constitutes gluten-free food click here to see allowable foods on a gluten-free diet.)
enter before midnight EST September 30, 2010
drawing will take place October 1, 2010