Tagged! Yep. I’ve been tagged. It’s an internet game and supposedly I should be annoyed by this news but as a relatively new blogger I must say I am quite pleased with this news. I feel as though I am finally arriving in the blogosphere.
So here’s the deal. I am supposed to list 7 random things about myself, post the rules, link back to the person who tagged me and then tag 7 more unsuspecting victims bloggers.
Here’s the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Ok so first of all I was tagged by Bren at Flanboyant Eats and the rules are above – whew, that was pretty easy. Now the hard part, ok, here goes:
1. I watch the Godfather Trilogy EVERY year. (I thought Bren would like that). It’s a ritual. I actually own the special edition DVD set with all kinds of great special features. You can never get too much of The Godfather!
2. I was once in a movie directed by Brian De Palma called Raising Cain. Don’t get too excited however. After two days of shooting I ended up on screen for a grand total of 5 seconds with no dialog. But it counted towards my SAG card so WooHoo!
3. I know all the words to the Gilligan’s Island theme song.
4. I crashed into my previous neighbor’s fence THREE TIMES! The first time I was indignant – “Where did that fence come from?” The second time I was mortified – “Honestly I will get glasses and enroll in a master class for driver’s education”, the third time – well unfortunately I could not stop laughing. Come on, THREE TIMES! I laughed even harder when I spotted the twenty or so bright orange reflector disks they attached to the very spot I kept hitting. I am a good (well, relatively speaking that is) neighbor and had the fence repaired and took them increasingly more expensive bottles of wine with each crash.
5. I lived in the Philippines and on Okinawa. (Air Force Brat!)
6. I actually visited one of the poorest countries in world, Mali in Africa. It was life changing experience for which I will be eternally grateful.
7. I willed my eyes to change color. Up until I was 12 I had brown eyes. Then I read Gone with the Wind and wanted to be just like Scarlett O’Hara. So every night I would concentrate really hard on changing my brown eyes to green before I went to sleep. Every morning I would look in the mirror and then one day it happened. They changed! My eyes are more hazel than pure green but there is definitely green in there! Of course my son’s eyes changed from deep brown to hazel when he was about 12 but he say’s he willed them green too so that’s our story and it is much easier to believe than some weird genetic eye color changing gene if you ask me.
OK, there are my 7 random things. On to the next 7 – here’s the guys I’m tagging:
I’ve been tagged! – Simply Gluten Free
Add your email address to receive posts/recipes via email