Gluten Free Roasted Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce Recipe

Labor Day is coming up and this signals the end of summer. The weather may not change right away, but the state of mind does. School goes back into session, all that remains of summer vacations are tan lines and a big credit card bill and in a lot of cases the weekend barbeque ceases to exist for the next 9 months. The Labor Day barbeque has become a last ditch effort to hang onto the carefree days of summer for just a little bit longer before facing homework, shorter days and the hectic pace from September to January.

If you are hosting or attending a Labor Day barbeque, try this easy update of an old classic party favorite: Gluten Free Roasted Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce Recipe.

I roast my shrimp, which makes them ever so succulent but of course you can always poach yours if you prefer or even buy them precooked for the easiest party dish ever!

Gluten Free Roasted Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce

Gluten Free Roasted Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce Recipe

Ingredients

1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared wasabi – more or less depending on your taste
Zest of 1 lime – finely grated
Juice of 1 lime
2 pounds cooked large shrimp – tails left on
Lime wedges for garnish – optional

Direction

Mix mayonnaise with wasabi, lime zest and juice until well blended. Serve with shrimp. Garnish with lime wedges if you wish.

Servings

This Gluten Free Roasted Shrimp with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce Recipe serves 8

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.

Categories:    Entertaining

Peter G August 25, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Wonderful carol! The wasabi cocktail sauce is a nice and spicy addition to the roasted shrimp.

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy August 25, 2008 at 6:37 pm

Those shrimp are making my mouth water! They look wonderful! I really like that cocktail sauce too. A nice change from the same old thing.

Nick August 26, 2008 at 8:42 am

Now that is easy. I’m not a shrimp person myself (I tell people I’m allergic) but for some reason, everybody loves them. I may be going to a Labor Day BBQ and this could not be an easier thing to make!

The Good Eatah August 27, 2008 at 8:40 am

Oh my, this sounds good — and a dairy free wasabi cocktail sauce. You rock, Carol!

Cynthia August 27, 2008 at 6:04 pm

Tempting us again with that roasted shrimp huh? :)

Katie August 28, 2008 at 6:06 pm

Creative and tasty as usual! I love the colors in the photo.

Tiffany September 2, 2008 at 8:55 pm

Wow, that sounds great! I’m not huge on wasabi, but this sounds delish!! Beautiful picture, also :)

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" September 3, 2008 at 5:32 am

These look fantabulous! I have an econo-sized jar of Wasabi that has been begging to be used :)

Rebecca June 8, 2009 at 2:43 pm

hello, I found your post via tastespotting. I would like to ask about the wasabi cocktail sauce, it's very creative and would like to try it! My question is when preparing the wasabi, did you first use water to mix or directly mix it with other ingredients? as the wasabi that I can find in Netherlands is paste instead. Please advise. Thanks very much.

Regards.

Esther December 7, 2011 at 1:03 pm

What are the spices that at appear from the picture on the shrimp? Looks like an ingredient I wouldn’t want to leave out.

Carol Kicinski December 8, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning – here’s the recipe – http://simplygluten-free.com/blog/2008/07/roasted-shrimp.html Enjoy!