Classic Gluten Free Dairy Free Stuffing Recipe
Traditional bread stuffing gets a delicious makeover with fresh herbs. For a New England variation, try Oyster Bread Stuffing. This recipe can be doubled.
For a New England variation, try Oyster Bread Stuffing. This recipe can be doubled.
- 1/2 cup butter or gluten-free , dairy-free margarine or oil
- 2 cups celery , diced
- 1 cup onion , diced
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 5 cups dry gluten-free, dairy-free bread cubes (purchased or homemade)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage , minced
- 1 cup fresh parsley , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 cups gluten-free, dairy-free chicken, turkey or vegetable broth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pan, heat butter (or margarine or oil). Add celery, onion and leeks and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except broth.
Add cooled vegetables. Gently mix in broth.
Loosely spoon the stuffing into an oiled 3-quart baking dish. Do not pack.
Cover and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncovered, bake for 20 minutes.
Originally published in Gluten Free & More.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.