Gluten Free Roasted Red Pepper and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip Recipe
There are times when we have to whip up something fabulous on the spur of the moment for unexpected guests, spontaneous celebrations or just because you’re hungry and want something a little extra special.
For just those occasions I have a staple of what I call pantry dishes that I can call on. These are dishes that are a little special (or a lot special) that can be made with things I most likely have on hand at any given moment.
This Gluten Free Roasted Red Pepper and Sun-Dried Tomato Dip Recipe is one of those items. It is a dip that is great with raw veggies, grilled baby eggplant slices or gluten free crackers. It is a terrific starter packed with flavor and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
I am giving you a couple of options. I don’t always have shallots and parsley on hand but I always have green onions. If you are using green onions, omit the shallot and parsley.
- 1 (15 ounce) jar roasted red peppers - drained, patted dry and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil - drained and chopped
- 1 small shallot - finely chopped OR 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 - 12 dashes hot pepper sauce - depending on taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 handful Italian parsley - roughly chopped, omit if using green onions instead of shallot
Put roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, shallot (if using), cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until mixture is smooth. Add Italian parsley or green onions and pulse a couple of times. Serve at room temperature.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.