Dairy-Free Vegetable Quiche
Nothing like a simple quiche for a breakfast that feels weekend-special even though it’s weekday-easy! It take a little while to bake, but other than that, it’s a cinch.
- 1 8- or 9-inch gluten-free , dairy-free pie crust, unbaked
- 1 cup coconut milk (not light)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped vegetables (leeks, sweet bell peppers, zucchini, asparagus, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, kale, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onion tops
- ¼-½ teaspoon tarragon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together coconut milk, eggs and mustard powder. Set aside.
Add oil to a large skillet. Sauté vegetables over medium heat until just softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Put sautéed vegetables into unbaked pie crust. Add egg mixture and sprinkle with chives and tarragon.
Bake quiche in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until done. A knife inserted in center of filling should come out clean.
Coconut milk makes this quiche creamy. You won’t miss the cheese. Do not pre-bake the pie crust before filling.
Written by Sueson Vess, originally published in Gluten Free & More.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.