Citrusy Green Beans
- 3 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well.
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the orange and lemon zests and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the orange juice and cook until the juice reduces by half and starts to thicken, 3 – 4 minutes. Add the beans and butter and toss well until the beans are heated through and coated. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.