Honey Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries, washed and picked over
- 1 tart apple, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¾ cup honey (for vegan use agave syrup)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, until the cranberries burst, about 10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir to knock out any foam bubbles on the surface and pour into a serving dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold and firm. Can be made 3 days ahead; store covered in the refrigerator.
Makes about 2 cups
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.