Mini Mozzarella Quinoa Bites
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked black rice
- Gluten-free nonstick baking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Vidalia onions finely chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 /3 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh chives finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce for serving
Cook the quinoa and rice according to the package directions. Prepare a standard muffin pan with nonstick baking spray. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and rice with the eggs, onions, cheese, garlic, basil, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Transfer the mixture to the prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top. Using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove the rice and quinoa snacks from the muffin cups.
Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of tomato sauce for dipping.
As seen in Simply Gluten Free Magazine Mar/Apr 2013
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.