Green Goddess Pesto Pasta Salad
- ½ pound gluten-free brown rice pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach
- 1 cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 garlic cloves (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts(packed in water), drained and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Rinse with cold water, drain, and set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade or a blender, combine the spinach, parsley, walnuts, lemon juice, olive oil, water, and garlic.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the pesto over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Gently stir in the artichoke hearts and peas.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve or refrigerate for up to 1 day in an airtight container.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.