Hearty & Nutty Slow Cooker Granola
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 5 cups certified gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon whole flax seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup dried fruit pieces (cranberries, raisins, etc.)
- Use a 6 quart slow cooker. Spray the inside of your slow cooker well with spray and add in the oats, honey, and melted butter. Stir in the flax, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and the coconut. Stir well to combine, or toss with two large spoons.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 4 hours, stirring every 30 to 45 minutes. Half way through cooking, stir in the dried fruit and place the lid of the cooker on sideways to release steam and condensation.
- When the oats have browned and become toasty, spread the granola out on a length of parchment paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
Serves up to 16 (when paired with yogurt and fresh fruit)
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.