Herbed “Not-zah” Balls
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons blanched almond meal
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons quinoa flakes
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, quinoa flakes, xanthan gum, salt, parsley, onion powder, and garlicpowder. In a separate bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk the eggs, oil, and water. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well with a fork. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon, carefully scoop portions of the “not-zah” ball mixture directly into the boiling water. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove “not-zah” balls with a slotted spoon and serve in hot chicken or vegetable soup.
Makes about 15 dumplings
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.