White Bean & Roasted Garlic Dip
- 1 head garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans (great northern beans or navy will also work)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa (see method here)
- 1⁄4 cup cold water, as needed
- Fine sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Remove the outer layers of the garlic and slice the top off the entire head so that the flesh of each clove is revealed.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of oil, spreading it evenly over the garlic with your finger.
- Place in a muffin tin, cover with tin foil, and roast in the oven for 25–30 minutes, until the cloves are soft.
- Scoop the garlic out of the head and add it, along with the white beans, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and cooked quinoa, to a food processor fit with the steel blade.
- Process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Once smooth, slowly add the water until you have your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve. Use your crackers to dip!
Makes 1-2 cups.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.