Berries n’ Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- cup egg whites (or about 8 large egg whites)
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 80 drops vanilla flavored liquid stevia, divided use(recommended: NuNaturals brand)
- 12 slices whole-grain gluten-free bread
- ¾ cup (one 6-ounce container) nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen (small berries can be left whole, larger ones should be sliced)
- Powdered sugar
- Pure maple syrup
- Spray a deep 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a blender, combine the eggs, egg whites, almond milk, cinnamon, and 40 drops of stevia. Blend to combine. Pour 1 cup of the mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Arrange 6 slices of bread on top of the eggs and gently press down.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the yogurt, cream cheese, and remaining 40 drops of stevia using an electric mixer on medium high speed. Spread the mixture evenly over the bread slices, and scatter the berries on top, gently pressing down. Top with the remaining 6 slices of bread. Pour the remaining egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place another heavy casserole dish (or other heavy objects) on top to press the mixture down. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator and uncover. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until set. Slice into wedges. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve with maple syrup.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.