Lemon Matcha Bread
For the bread:
- 60 grams brown millet flour
- 60 grams tapioca starch
- 60 grams white rice flour
- 20 grams almond flour
- 100 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped from the stems
- 200 grams plain yogurt (not Greek)
- 100 grams (two) eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 100 grams butter, melted
- Juice of ½ lemon
For the icing:
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 60 grams (60 milliliters) milk
- Zest of one lemon
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves stripped from the stems.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Combine the gluten-free flours, sugar, matcha, baking powder, and salt together in a large mixing bowl and stir until thoroughly blended. Add the thyme leaves to the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, and butter until well combined. Then add the lemon juice to the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan dusted with GF flour and bake for about an hour or it until passes the clean test with a toothpick. Let cool on a wire rack. When cool, remove from the pan and make the icing. Add the powdered sugar to a small bowl. Slowly add the milk a teaspoon at a time, stirring until the icing becomes thin enough to drizzle. Glaze the quick bread. Sprinkle the lemon zest and thyme on top for decoration. Let set for about another 30 minutes until cutting so that the glaze has a chance to dry a bit. Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1 loaf
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.