Barbecue Wings with Dipping Sauce
For the wings:
- 16 ounces gluten-free Italian dressing
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I prefer La Costena brand)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 20 – 25 chicken wings
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Gluten-free barbecue sauce, as needed (I highly recommend Bone Suckin’ Sauce–Thicker Style)
For the dipping sauce:
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ ounces (½ package) Boursin cheese (garlic and herb flavor)
Make the wings:
- Combine the Italian dressing, entire contents of the can of peppers, and the garlic in a food processor. Process to combine well. Rinse your chicken wings and lay them flat. Season with salt and pepper and put into a large plastic food storage bag. Pour the marinade over the wings and seal the bag. Swish the marinade around the wings to ensure an even coating.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes. Fire up your grill: set the temperature to 325ºF if you have a gas grill. If you have a charcoal grill, set your grill up for indirect heat. While you are cooking your wings you will want to have both the top and bottom vents open and the lid on. When you place your lid on the grill, make sure your vent is over the food, not over the coals. This allows for more flavor and a more even overall temperature inside. If using a gas grill, the lid should be closed while cooking. Place the wings on indirect heat and cook for 12 minutes, then flip the wings and cook for another 12 minutes. Flip the wings and cook for another
- 12 minutes, then flip again. Brush the wings very thickly with barbecue sauce and cook for 6 minutes. Flip the wings. Brush very thickly with more barbecue sauce and cook for another 6 minutes. Done! This is a total of 48 minutes on the grill. (Note: With charcoal grills, temperatures can vary widely but if you are in the ballpark of 300-325ºF on the indirect heat side, you will do just fine.)
To make the dipping sauce:
- Place all of the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor. Process until well blended. Serve with the wings.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.