Chilled Carrot Soup
- 2 pounds carrots, trimmed, peeled, and diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sprouts and edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- In a medium pot, bring the carrots, onions, garlic, and vegetable broth to a boil over high heat.
- Let boil, uncovered, until carrots are soft and easily pierced with a fork (about 20 minutes).
- Drain, reserving the cooking broth.
- Puree the vegetables in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the reserved broth about ½ cup at a time, pulsing again to blend, until the desired consistency is achieved. For a thicker soup, add in less broth. For a thinner soup, add in more broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with sprouts and/or edible flowers as desired.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.