Fusilli Salad with Asparagus, Corn, & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
For the Salad:
- 1 pound gluten-free brown rice fusilli noodles
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts (omit for nut-free)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoons sea salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, or more to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the asparagus and corn; cook for 2 minutes. Remove right away with a slotted spoon or strainer basket. Rinse with cool water to stop any further cooking. In the same boiling water that the asparagus and corn just came from, prepare the pasta according to package directions. When done, drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the noodles, asparagus, corn, tomatoes,sun-dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, and salt and pepper.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and combine well. Test for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve pasta salad at room temperature.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.