- 1 (4 to 6 pound chicken) roaster chicken, cleaned (I usually skin my birds, but it’s up to you)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered<
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Clean the chicken well and remove the skin, if desired.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Rub this spice mixture all over the chicken, inside and out.
- Stuff the onion and garlic cloves into the cavity, and place the chicken, breast-side down, into your slow cooker.
- Do not add water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Your chicken is finished when the meat is no longer pink and instant-read meat thermometer registers 165ºF.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.