Tropical Summer Salad with Pineapple, Bacon, & Arugula
For the Dressing:
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (or more to reach desired consistency)
For the Salad:
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1-2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- ½ cup purple cabbage, finely diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Make the Dressing:
- In a blender, combine the ½ cup pineapple, shallot,, champagne vinegar, salt, and pepper. While the blender is running, slowly add in the olive oil until the dressing reaches your desired consistency. Chill the dressing until ready to use. (Can be made ahead of time).
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl. Toss with just enough dressing to coat the greens lightly.
Tip: This can be made into an even heartier dish with the addition of roasted shrimp or chicken.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.