Banana Bread with Walnuts
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 50 grams (1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon) walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas (use the darkly spotted ones for extra sweetness)
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) light olive oil
- 80 grams (½ cup) organic brown sugar
- 115 grams (¾ cup + 1 tablespoon)white flour mix
- 115 grams (¾ cup minus 1 tablespoon)whole grain flour mix
- 15 grams (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 3 grams (½ teaspoon) salt
- 1 gram (½ teaspoon) cinnamon
- 16 grams (2 tablespoons packed) pixie dust
- 20 grams (2 teaspoons) raw buckwheat flour (green buckwheat groats ground to a fine powder)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8×4-inch bread pan with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the walnuts onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and place in a clean kitchen towel.
- Rub the nuts briskly to remove most of the skins on the nuts. Allow to cool slightly while you make the batter. (Adding the warm walnuts to the batter helps to start the bread rising quickly. It is important for the texture of the bread.)
- Combine the eggs, bananas, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until the bananas are almost smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts.
- Beat well to combine.
- Stir in the warm walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf reads 190º F or higher. (Check the loaf after 40 minutes to see if it is browning too fast. If it is, cover loosely with foil.)
- Allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes, and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.