1 hr 5 mins
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 8 Slices
Calories: 211 kcal
- 1¼ cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted, plus 1 tablespoon more for brushing the top
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1¼ cups Ricki’s All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Mix or any all purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ cup corn flour not cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup organic cornmeal
- 3 green onions white and light green parts only, sliced
- ½ sweet bell pepper green or red, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeño pepper
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 9-inch springform pan or round pie plate with parchment paper or spray with gluten-free non-stick spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, 1/3 cup coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vinegar. Set aside.
In a large bowl, sift the all purpose flour, corn flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
Stir in the cornmeal by hand.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and mix just to blend. Do not over-mix!
Gently stir in the onion and peppers.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and quickly brush the top with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil.
Continue to bake for another 15-25 minutes, until the top begins to brown and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool in the pan and cut into wedges to serve. (Can be frozen and reheated later.)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Sodium 278mg 12%
Potassium 211mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 27g 9%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 5.8%
Vitamin C 14.7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.