This is the time of year that we reflect upon those things for which we are grateful. I know full well that I have much to be grateful for:
In no particular order, here are a few of the things I am so very grateful for.
- I am grateful that my sons have found women to share their lives with that love and care for them as much as I do.
- I am grateful for the new people those sons of mine have brought into our family and my life.
- I am grateful for the abundance that surrounds me.
- I am grateful that I answered the phone all those many years ago when the man who would become my husband called.
- And I am grateful for the life we have made together.
- I am grateful for shoe sales at Nordstrom.
- I am grateful that I live in a world where there exist people who are willing and able to assist others who need a little extra help.
- I am grateful for free shipping.
- I am grateful for my diagnosis of gluten sensitivity; as a result I found what was wrong with my body and more importantly what I can do about it.
- I am grateful that I learned how to learn.
- I am grateful that I have a friend who readily offered to stay on the phone with me while I walked to the mail box because I saw a snake in the driveway (and not laugh at me.)
- I am grateful I can feed myself and others.
- I am grateful that I live in a world with artists who elevate our very existence.
- I am grateful for laughter.
And last but certainly not least:
- I am grateful for YOU! Knowing that you, the readers, are there is what makes me jump out of bed each day ready to create a new recipe or take a new photo. You give me the encouragement, support, and feedback that makes what I do feel like it matters. You are my friends and I am so very grateful for your friendship!
I hope you have much to be grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving!