Servings: 20 squares
- 3 cups blanched almond flour such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- ½ cup coconut oil melted (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, cardamom, and cloves.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, molasses, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and maple extract.
- Beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly, combining well.
- Spread the batter into the greased glass dish.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 225ºF and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes until the edges are brown and the center is firmed up. (For muffins, bake at 325ºF for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.)
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Vitamin A 35IU1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.