- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour blend with xanthan gum (if blend does not contain xanthan gum, add 1 teaspoon)
- 1⅓ cups gluten-free cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups buttermilk (or use: 1½ cups dairy free milk combined with 1½ tablespoons of white vinegar or apple cider vinegar and allowed to sit for 5 minutes)
- ⅔ cup sugar or ⅓ cup honey
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Spray a 12×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour blend, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk, sugar (or honey), eggs, and melted butter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cornbread is golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.