Lentil & Kale Super Food
- 2 cups lentils, rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diceed
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (7-ounce) can mild fire roasted chiles
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped kale (just the leaves!)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ to 1 teaspoon kosher salt (start low then increase if needed at the table)
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Rinse the lentils until the water runs clear.
- Put the wet lentils into your slow cooker.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Add the fire roasted chiles and diced tomatoes (add the entire contents of the cans).
- Add the kale, cumin, ginger, and salt.
- Stir in the broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the lentils are tender to the bite and the onions are transparent.
- Serve with crusty homemade cornbread if desired (gluten free, of course!).
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.