Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake
For the crust:
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup pitted dried prunes
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 3-4 hours or overnight
- 6 pitted dates, soaked for
- 3-4 hours or overnight
- 1 cup date soaking water
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate raspberry flavored liquid stevia, such as SweetLeaf brand
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- To prepare the crust, place the almonds and coconut in the bowl of a food processor and process until the nuts break down into small pieces.
- Add the prunes, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Continue processing until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pulse several times until the crumbs are thoroughly moistened and stick together.
- Firmly press into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Rinse out the food processor.
- To prepare the filling, drain the cashews and dates, reserving 1 cup of water from the dates.
- Add the cashews, dates, and water to the food processor along with the coconut milk.
- Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla, stevia, and salt.
- Blend again until thoroughly incorporated, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Lastly, blend in the coconut oil.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight to set.
- To serve, remove from the refrigerator and run a knife carefully around the edge of the mousse.
- Gently remove the sides of the springform pan.
- Garnish with raspberries.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.