Grain-Free Currant & Lavender Granola
- 1½ cups raw walnuts, finely chopped
- ½ cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup blanched almond flour
- 1½ tablespoons dried lavender, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 20-25 drops plain liquid stevia
- ½ cup dried currants
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, almonds, coconut, almond flour, lavender, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the applesauce, maple syrup, flaxseed, and stevia. Pour over the nut mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
Spread the granola on the baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for about 25 minutes until deep brown, stirring the granola with a spatula every 8-10 minutes to ensure even cooking. Upon removing from the oven, stir in the currants. Cool completely on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 10 days.
Makes about 4 cups
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.