Savory Sweet Potato Bake
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ¼-inch thick rounds, divided use
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder, divided use
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided use
- 14 to 16 ounces shredded Gruyère cheese, divided use
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Smear the butter all over the 6-quart insert of your slow cooker.
- Put 1/3 of the sweet potato rounds into your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 teaspoon of chipotle chile powder and 1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Add 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat the layers until you have run out of ingredients.
- Pour the heavy cream evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for about 2 hours.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.