Summer Rolls with Sweet Satay Dipping Sauce
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons chili sauce (such as Sriracha), depending on desired level of heat
For the rolls:
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and shredded into long strands
- 1-2 heads Bibb, Boston or
- Butterhead lettuce, depending on size, leaves removed
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded into long strands
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and shredded into long strands
- 1 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
Make the sauce:
- Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Make the rolls:
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Drop in the zucchini strands, swirl around, and then immediately bring them back out and into an ice bath.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain. (You want to blanch them to soften a bit but don’t want to cook them to mush.) Alternatively, you can place the zucchini strands in a bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 2-3 minutes and repeat the ice bath step as directed.
- To assemble the summer rolls, lay the lettuce leaves on a work surface as flat as possible.
- Arrange the avocado slices on the lettuce leaves.
- Stack the vegetables and mint on top lengthwise.
- Pile on the veggies as little or as much as you want. Don’t overstuff or you won’t be able to roll them.
- Fold in the sides of the leaves and roll up the wraps as you would burritos.
- Place on plates, seam side down.
Makes 10-12 rolls
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.