Servings: 1 3 egg omelet
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garnishes (see box at right)
- 1 tablespoon butter , olive oil, coconut oil, or cooking fat of choice
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Beat them with a fork until the yolks and whites are blended together.
- Stir in the garnishes (except cheese, if using).
- Heat the butter or oil in a small skillet (8-9 inches, preferably nonstick) over medium-high heat.
- When hot, gently tilt the pan to swirl around the butter or oil until the bottom is evenly coated.
- Pour in the eggs, stirring vigorously with a fork for about 20-30 seconds. (Use a heatproof non-metal spatula instead of a fork to avoid scratching a nonstick pan if you’re using one.) This creates a very small curd, like the start to very finely scrambled eggs. It’s helpful to shake the skillet a bit while you are stirring to allow the liquid on top to have a chance to cook by reaching the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the eggs to season them. This is also the optimal time to add grated cheese, if using.
- At this point, let the omelet set for a few seconds.
- Then, starting with the edge of the omelet closest to the skillet handle, gently use your fork or spatula to roll it over toward the far side.
- Tilt the pan up just a little bit to help it come together.
- Carefully tip the omelet over and out of the skillet onto a serving plate.
- The entire cooking process should only take a few minutes. The result should be an omelet that is still rather soft in the middle.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g55%
Vitamin A 1065IU21%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.