Cuisine: American, Italian
Servings: 8 Servings
Calories: 151 kcal
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1½-2 pound eggplant unpeeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons finely grated dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Toasted gluten-free baguette slices for serving
- 1/3 cup fresh basil cut into thin shreds
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the eggplant and cook for 5 minutes or until it starts to soften. Add the tomatoes, raisins, vinegar, capers, chocolate, and Italian seasoning. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the eggplant is soft and the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Let cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Sodium 58mg 2%
Potassium 129mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 1.1%
Vitamin C 1.8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.