Warm Asparagus, Pea & Tomato Salad
- 2 bunches medium sized asparagus (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen peas
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
With a vegetable peeler, gently peel the outer layer of the asparagus stalks. Cut off the tough, woody ends at the bottom and discard.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the peeled and trimmed asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the peas, tomatoes, vinegar, chives, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring gently. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.