Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad
Focus on relaxing and mingling at your potluck parties with this easy Creamy Pesto Pasta Salad. Healthy and hearty, it is full of peppers, tomatoes, and more.
- ½ pound gluten-free pasta of choice elbows or spirals work best
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion diced
- 3 medium celery stalks diced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup not packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 12 ounce package firm silken tofu (such as Mori Nu)
- 1½ ounces fresh basil leaves 50-60 leaves
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves not packed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fine sea salt and black pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rinse well and drain. Place into a large bowl with the chopped pepper, onion, celery, tomatoes, and cilantro. Toss to combine.
Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour about 2/3 of the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to coat. Add more dressing if a creamier pasta salad is desired. (Save any extra dressing in a jar in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Use as a dip, over more pasta, or as a spread for wraps or sandwiches.)
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.