Serve these Paleo Hawaiian-Stuffed Burgers at your backyard barbecue. The burgers are stuffed with ham and cheese with an orange, pineapple, and tamari topping.
Servings: 4 Burgers
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce preferably a Paleo-friendly brand, read labels, divided use
- 8 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese optional
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ½ cup mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- Mixed greens for serving
- Mix the beef with the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon of the barbecue sauce. Divide the meat into 8 patties of equal size. Place 1-2 slices of ham and 1 slice of cheese in the center of a patty. (It works best if you wrap the ham around the cheese to keep it from oozing out during cooking.) Cover the ham and cheese with another meat patty, making sure all of the edges are sealed. Repeat, using up the rest of the ingredients. The burgers will be quite large.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 793 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 21g105%
Vitamin A 490IU10%
Vitamin C 19.8mg24%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.