Shirley Temple Popsicles
I may have mentioned before that Shirley Temples (the kiddie cocktails) hold a special place in my heart. They remind me of celebratory dinners with my family – the only time my sisters and I were allowed to drink soda. I am also more than just a little bit obsessed with taking one thing (i.e. a drink) and turning it into something else – like a cupcake or, in this case, a popsicle (i.e. these Shirley Temple Popsicles.)
My anti-soda Mom would be proud of me – I didn’t make these pretty little pops with soda, I made my own lemon lime fizzy drink using fresh lemon and lime juice, club soda, and some honey.
Of course it wouldn’t be a Shirley Temple without maraschino cherries. I used natural pink maraschinos but you can use whatever you have.
Shirley Temple Popsicles Recipe
- 1 (13.5 ounce) jar maraschino cherries with liquid
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey , maple syrup, or agave (less or more to taste)
- 8 ounces club soda
- Drain the cherries and reserve the juice. If they have stems, remove them.
- Divide the maraschino cherry liquid evenly among 10 popsicle molds or small Dixie cups. Place 3 or 4 cherries in each mold.
- Combine the lemon and lime juice with the honey, maple syrup, or agave. Add the club soda and stir to take out some of the fizzing. Pour the mixture into the molds, insert popsicle sticks and freeze for 2 hours or until frozen solid.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.