Enjoy your summer holidays and parties with this simple classic hamburger recipe. Sometimes all you need is just a good old fashion burger.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1½ pounds ground chuck 80% lean
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 4 slices cheese of your choice optional
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns toasted
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Form each portion loosely into a ¾-inch thick patty. Using your thumbs, make a deep depression in the center of each patty. Season both sides of the burgers generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill to high. Brush the patties on both sides with vegetable oil. Grill the burgers for 3-4 minutes or until browned on the bottom and you see juices rising to the top. Flip and grill for another 4 minutes for medium-rare or 5-6 minutes for medium. If making cheeseburgers, add a slice of cheese to the top of each burger 1 minute before they are done.
- Serve on toasted buns with condiments of your choice.
- If using a grill pan: Heat the grill pan on top of the stove over high heat until a drop of water sizzles immediately when splashed on the pan. Cook as directed above.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 719 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 20g100%
Vitamin A 280IU6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.