Grilled Zucchini Quinoa Salad with Honey-Tahini Dressing
Grilled Zucchini Quinoa Salad & Honey-Tahini Dressing is hearty and filling. The quinoa is full of nutrition and protein making this perfect as a main dish.
- 3 medium zucchinis trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini sesame seed paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked quinoa cooled
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped (optional)
- ½ cup raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped (optional)
Heat a grill to medium-low. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into ¼-inch long strips. Grill the zucchini for 1-2 minutes per side, just until tender. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool completely.
While the zucchini is cooling, prepare the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, honey, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the quinoa to a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper. If desired, toss in the fresh thyme for some added flavor. Evenly divide the quinoa among 4 plates. Arrange the grilled zucchini on top of the quinoa and drizzle with the dressing. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of seeds over each dish, along with a bit of the parsley (if using).
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.