Adding zucchini to bruschetta elevates this appetizer with additional crunch, texture and color. A snap to make, this is the perfect crowd-pleasing first course.
Servings: 12 Servings
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini ends trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh basil finely chopped
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more as desired
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Fine sea salt to taste
- 12 small slices gluten-free French bread toasted
- 3-4 garlic cloves sliced in half
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Chop the seeded tomatoes into ½-inch cubes and place in a medium bowl.
- Chop the zucchini into ¼-inch cubes and add to the bowl. Add the basil, ¼ cup olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Stir well. Set aside while you prepare the toasts, or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve the bruschetta, rub the toast slices with the cut sides of the garlic cloves to coat lightly. If desired, drizzle each slice with a teaspoon or so of additional olive oil. Divide the zucchini mixture among the toasts and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 71 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 230IU5%
Vitamin C 6mg7%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.