Before sending them off for the night, make sure to fill up your ghosts, goblins and gremlins with Graveyard Dip!
Servings: 8 Servings
- 5 gluten-free corn tortillas
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 1.25-ounce packet gluten-free taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 16-ounce jar chunky salsa, divided use
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce finely shredded
- ½ cup pitted black olives finely chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free pretzel twists
- Gluten-free tortilla chips and crudités for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out tombstone shapes from the tortillas and place on the lined baking sheet. Brush with a little oil and bake for 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Sprinkle with a little salt
- Combine the refried beans with the taco seasoning. Spread in an even layer in the bottom of a 9x12-inch baking dish.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions. Stir until smooth. Spread in an even layer on top of the beans. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the top.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scrape the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados with ¼ cup of the salsa and the juice of 1 lime. Spread in an even layer over the cheddar cheese. Spoon the rest of the salsa evenly over the avocado layer. Top with the shredded lettuce. (At this point, the dip can be wrapped with plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 1 day.)
- Place the tombstone tortillas on the dip and mound some chopped olives in front to resemble dirt mounds.
- Place the pretzels around the perimeter of the dish, next to each other, to resemble a fence.
- Serve with tortilla chips and crudités.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 20g100%
Vitamin A 1625IU33%
Vitamin C 13mg16%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.