Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Nuts
In fact, they are so good it might be a great idea to make extra for your own holiday parties!
Find this and other holiday recipes in the Simply Gluten Free Holiday Favorites book on sale now.
Notes: Little cookie tins or Chinese take-out boxes are an easy and cute way to package these up. If using tins, line them with parchment or tissue paper first. Look for raw nuts that are in big pieces for a more luxurious end product. Also, make sure your nuts are gluten free. I use sea salt in this recipe as opposed to table or kosher salt but in a pinch (pardon the pun!) kosher salt is fine. Use good quality olive oil and honey – I like Wholseome! organic honey.
Gluten Free Sweet and Spicy Nuts Recipe
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 4 tablespoons Wholesome! organic honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place all the nuts on a cookie sheet and roast for 8 minutes or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, orange zest, honey, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the toasted nuts from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the spice mixture and gently toss to combine. Transfer the nuts to a serving dish and serve warm or let cool to package for gift giving.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.