Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn husks and silk removed
- 1 medium red onion peeled and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided use
- ¾ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt divided use
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper divided use
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers finely chopped (seeded for less heat, if desired)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 medium avocado pitted and diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
Heat grill to medium-high. Brush the corn and the cut sides of the onion with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Lay the corn flat on the grill and place the onion halves on the grill cut sides down. Grill, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool.
Once cool enough to handle, dice the onion into small pieces. Place the corn vertical on the cutting board and, holding it upright firmly, use a sharp knife to cut the corn off the cob.
In a large bowl, combine the jalapeños, grape tomatoes, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the corn, onion, lime zest, lime juice, remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, diced avocado, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.