Kale Cashew Chicken Salad
This Kale Cashew Chicken Salad is a healthy and flavorful meal that you can make ahead for lunch or dinner. Omit the cheese if dairy-free or Paleo.
- 2 cups roasted salted cashews or 1 cup cashew butter
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup water
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 (6-ounce) chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese cut into small cubes (omit for dairy-free)
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 2 medium apples cored and cut into small cubes
- ½ cup roasted cashews roughly chopped
Place the cashews in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and blend until it achieves a creamy “butter” texture. (Skip this step if using 1 cup cashew butter.) Add the vinegar, lemon juice, and water. Blend well.
Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Gradually drizzle the dressing over the salad, tossing often, until you’ve added enough to reach your desired taste. Serve immediately. (Store remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Can be used as a dip or marinade.)
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.