Shrimp Pad Thai Salad
This Shrimp Pad Thai Salad is a favorite in my house. If you aren’t a fan of shrimp, swap with chicken or another protein of choice. This recipe is easy and very versatile. You can add other vegetables if you have some on hand that you want to use up. This makes 2 large servings or 4 small servings.
- 1 pound peeled and de-veined shrimp cooked and cooled
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup lettuce or mesclun greens
- ½ cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 large zucchini spiralized with a spiral slicer or julienned
- 1 large carrot peeled and spiralized with a spiral slicer or julienned
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 2 medium scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted cashews
- 4 heaping tablespoons unsweetened almond butter creamy or crunchy
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk or any non-dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove minced or finely grated
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
To make the salad, combine all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process until combined, or whisk together well in a medium bowl. You may have more dressing than you need for the salad, so drizzle it gradually over the salad until it reaches your desired taste. Serve immediately. (Store remaining dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Can be used as a dip or marinade.)
Not a seafood lover? Substitute the shrimp with 2 cooked and shredded chicken breasts.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.