Southwestern Sweet Potato & Corn Medley
You may be surprised to learn that I still use my slow cooker pretty extensively in the hot summer months. Here is a delicious Southwestern Sweet Potato & Corn Medley Recipe to try this summer.
Southwestern Sweet Potato & Corn Medley Recipe
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- Juice of 2 limes
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Place the sweet potato chunks into the slow cooker insert. Add the onion, corn, and basil. Sprinkle with the chili powder and salt. Add the lime juice and toss everything until the seasoning has been dispersed. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for about 3 hours. Your dish is finished when the potatoes have reached desired tenderness.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.