Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with SunButter Cream Cheese Frosting
There are few things better than chocolate and peanut butter – unless you happen to be allergic to peanuts, then there is probably nothing worse.
Fortunately, even those who have peanut allergies can enjoy this fabulous flavor combo thanks to SunButter. And what better way to enjoy it than cake?
The chocolate comes in the form of a moist, light, yet decadently delicious cake and the addictive frosting is a tangy, sweet, luscious combo of cream cheese and creamy SunButter.
I think of this Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with SunButter Cream Cheese Frosting as a Sunday cake, relaxed, playful, and fun. But feel free to eat it any day of the week.
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake with SunButter Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Gluten free nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups good quality all-purpose gluten free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted and cooled
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy SunButter
- 3– 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In an electric mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Turn the mixer to low, beat in half the flour mixture, the sour cream, and finally the rest of the flour. Using a spatula, stir in the melted chocolate chips, making sure all ingredients are fully combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
- In an electric mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and SunButter together until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, and beat until the frosting reaches a spreading consistency. Beat in the vanilla. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble, cut the cake in half horizontally. Place the bottom layer on a cake stand or platter. Spread some of the frosting on top, place the top layer on and frost the sides and top.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.