Servings: 6 people
Calories: 362 kcal
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 14 ounce pumpkin peeled, seeded, and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 cup gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2 cups good quality canned coconut milk
- 1 cup good quality soya cream
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large handfuls fresh basil leaves removed and chopped
- 2 large handfuls roasted sunflower seeds
Heat a saucepan on low and add the coconut oil. Add the chopped onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Drop in the pumpkin and carrot pieces and fry for another 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35 minutes, covered with a lid.
Remove the soup from the heat and add the soya cream. Using a hand blender or liquidizer, pulse the soup until smooth. Season with paprika, chili powder, curry powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot with fresh basil leaves and roasted sunflower seeds.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 362 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32g 49%
Saturated Fat 25g 125%
Sodium 224mg 9%
Potassium 643mg 18%
Total Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 3g 6%
Vitamin A 220%
Vitamin C 13.8%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.