Sweet Almond-Avocado Toast
How can something so simple taste so divine? Avocado toast is a staple among plant-based eaters, and it’s no wonder. In addition to offering a hefty dose of potassium (a mineral in which most of us are deficient), high fiber, and healthy monounsaturated fats in each bright green fruit, there’s just nothing quite as delicious as a perfectly ripe avocado.
- 1 slice gluten-free bread or a rice cake
- 1 tablespoon smooth natural almond or other nut butter
- ½ avocado thinly sliced or roughly mashed with a fork
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses or yacon syrup
- Sprinkle of cinnamon optional
Toast the bread and place on a plate. Spread the almond butter evenly over the toast. Top with avocado and drizzle with molasses. Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.