Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
What’s the perfect way to end any holiday meal? With pie, of course!
Baking pies can be challenging and time consuming even for the most experienced baker. With these five ingredient (not including water, oil, salt, and pepper) pie recipes, we have taken some shortcuts that will save time without sacrificing flavor.
Gluten Free Easy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Vegetable oil
- 1 gluten-free graham cracker pie crust
- 3 large lemons
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs separated
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar measured then sifted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly brush or spray a 9-inch pie pan with oil. Crumble the pie crust into the pie pan, then press the crumbs firmly into the pan.
- Finely zest 1 lemon. Squeeze the juice from the lemons until you have ½ cup plus 1½ teaspoons.
- Whisk together ½ cup lemon juice, the lemon zest, sweetened condensed milk, and egg yolks. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Beat the egg whites with 1½ teaspoons lemon juice on high speed until foamy. Add the powdered sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the pie, making sure to seal the edges of the crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top begins to brown. Let cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 1 day ahead.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.